A quick summary of the current trends in the casino game sector this quarter. Return to Player’s opinion of what is hot and what is not at the moment, featuring heavy doses of opinion, conjecture, and all out straight talking.
Big Win 🙂
1. Yggdrasil launch Incinerator and Nirvana and continue the flow of awesome games coming from the highly regarded developer.
2. Foxium licence White Wolf IP and promise some fantastic cross over games. Therese Voerman slot anyone?
3. Video Slots’ Battle of Slots functionality. Brings the excitement of the poker room to slot play and finally something innovative in casino gaming.
4. Booming Games. Not really even a blip on our radar… but definitely one to watch.
5. Leo Vegas’ suggested ~£300m valuation. A clear sign that there’s life in this sector yet.
No Funds Available 🙁
- ICE Conference. Most uneventful in a long time. No exciting launches, no exciting events.
2. Playtech’s deep pockets being linked to purchases of GECO, Odobo, Openbet…? How many platforms does one company really need? Where’s the competition commission when you need them!
3.Slot Boss’ new TV Advert featuring Rainbow Riches, Pixies of the Forest and Cleopatra??? 1990 called guys, and they want their games back.
4. UK Gambling Commission’s new autospin and reality checks deadline almost upon us. Expect a lot of games going into early retirement.
5. Aristocrat Games. Seriously Aristocrat, we need more of your games in the European market and we need them yesterday. Where are they!?