GameAccount Network plc (“GAN” or the “Company”), an award-winning developer and supplier of enterprise-level B2B Internet gaming software, services and online gaming content in the United States, announces it has launched a Virtual Reality (“VR”) Simulated Gaming application for GAN’s first continuing US client – New York’s Empire City Casino – compatible with suitable home personal computer’s (“PC”) and Facebook’s Oculus Rift VR headsets.
VR is an emerging platform for online entertainment with Facebook’s Oculus Rift VR headsets now shipping to consumers. GAN is positioned at the forefront of this emerging market, offering a unique VR experience to patrons of land-based US casino clients.
Dermot Smurfit, CEO of GAN commented:
“Virtual reality has finally arrived and GAN is first-to-market in the US with a VR casino experience delivered to Empire City Casino in New York. Designed to engage, captivate and compel incremental time-on-device and revenue from patrons, GAN’s VR add-on module for Simulated Gaming is anticipated to attract the 30-54year old male gaming enthusiast, likely to be among the early adopters of PC VR.
Simulated Gaming now supports Desktop Web, Mobile Web, Mobile App and PC VR, reinforcing GAN’s technical leadership in delivering enterprise-grade Internet gaming solutions to the US casino Industry. Innovations like VR are just one of the many reasons ten major US casino operators have adopted Simulated Gaming, as an alternative to launching a traditional Social Casino.
Later this year, GAN will be bringing VR to life for real money Regulated Gaming in selected markets and with preferred operator clients. Playing authentic casino games in VR for real money will dramatically close the gap between the live gaming experience available on-property and the flat two-dimensional experience available at home on traditional personal computer or mobile devices.
Dismissing consumer VR is naïve – technology investors poured nearly two billion dollars into the AR/VR space last year alone and last month 15,000 units of the $800 HTC Vive VR headset were sold online in the first 10 minutes. There’s a movement afoot, originating from Facebook’s 2014 $2bn acquisition of Oculus, suggesting VR could be the next major Internet platform. GAN together with its US casino operator clients are positioned to materially benefit in the event forecasts for VR headset sales meet reality in the current business cycle.”
• US casino patrons playing online with New York’s Empire City Casino can now download, install and experience the Empire City VR Casino, bringing Simulated Gaming and selected Class III slot machine games to life in VR.
• GAN has the unique GameSTACK™ technical platform for Internet gaming, which has enabled GAN to deliver a compelling Simulated Gaming experience in VR for GAN’s land-based US casino clients seeking to engage with new patron demographics.
• PC VR market worldwide forecast to be worth $3.5bn in 2016 with an estimated 6.6m PC VR headsets purchased by consumers by year-end (source: SuperData Research).
• Play authentic US-recognisable Class III slot machines online in VR from Incredible Technologies, including Crazy Money®, Medusa: The Quest of Perseus®, Leonidas: King of the Spartans® and Neon City Casino® together with GAN’s multi-hand blackjack, DEQ’s EZ Baccarat® and two additional slot titles from Slots Symphony™.
• Explore inter-connected VR environments including the main casino gaming floor, ancient Egypt and mystical China. Uncover games and real world bonuses hidden within VR environment.
• Experience Class III slot games in VR on floor-to-ceiling VR screens, delivering a superior large-screen experience when compared against smaller home PC monitors and mobile devices.
• GAN anticipates bringing this VR experience to players of real money Regulated Gaming in H2 2016, subject to certain third party commercial consents and regulatory consent.
• The Simulated Gaming™ VR experience is in beta test, with more features rolling out throughout 2016 including HTC Vive support, Oculus Touch support, additional meta-game social casino gameplay features and more high-quality Class III slot games from GAN’s participating casino equipment manufacturer partners.
• Simulated Gaming™ is an innovative Internet gaming service designed by GAN specifically for land-based US casinos, offering a gaming-as-entertainment experience across web, mobile and VR together offering over 200 casino slot and table games, including poker, backgammon, gin rummy, poker dice and blackjack tournaments.